This registration page is for the High School Age division for Hoops for Fun ONLY
Regardless of which method of payment you choose, you must submit this form to register with Hoops For Fun. After clicking the Submit Form button below, you will receive a copy of this form to the email address provided above and a submission confirmation page will display.
PayPal or Credit Card - From the submission confirmation page, you can click to pay online and you will be re-directed to our secure PayPal payment page. Follow the instructions on this screen to complete your payment.
If you are unable to pay by credit card, then we alternatively will accept an eTransfer (email money transfer). Please send the eTransfer payment to "[email protected]" and include your child's name and birth year.
We are no longer accepting cash.
If you have missed any required fields, you will be taken to the field with missing information.
Every participant in an Ontario Basketball Association (OBA) sanctioned club or activity is responsible for:
a) Confirming annually as required by OBA their review of the concussion awareness resources available from the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport website; and
b) Confirming annually as required by OBA their review of the Concussion Policy and Code of Conduct.
If a participant is under 18 years of age, the parents/guardians of such participant is also responsible for a) and b) above.
City of Stratford COVID-19 Waiver
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT, YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO BRING A LEGAL CLAIM AGAINST THE CITY.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
IN CONSIDERATION OF THE CORPORATION OF THE CITY OF STRATFORD GRANTING ME PERMISSION TO ENTER THE BURNSIDE AGRIPLEX, I HEREBY AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
I AM AWARE THAT THERE IS A RISK OF ILLNESS INVOLVED IN MY USE OF THE ARENAS. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, there is a risk of contracting COVID-19 through use of or attendance at the arenas for associated activities.
Adherence to all applicable City policies and procedures, and to any and all directions given by City staff regarding COVID-19 mitigation measures, may mitigate but does not eliminate this risk.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY
In consideration of being allowed to voluntarily attend the arenas for associated activities, on behalf of myself, my personal representatives, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, I hereby:
- Waive any and all claims, demands, actions, and causes of action of any kind or nature whatsoever in law, in equity or otherwise that I have or may in the future have against the Corporation of the City of Stratford, its members of council, officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (all of whom are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “City”) which arise as a direct or indirect result of my or my family’s participation in attendance at the arenas;
- Release and Discharge the City from any and all liabilities for any loss, damage, injury or expense I or my child may suffer, or that my or my child’s next of kin may suffer as a result of my or my family’s attendance at the arenas, due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence, breach of contract, or breach of the statutory or other duty of care. I acknowledge my responsibility to ensure adequate medical, personal health, dental and accidental insurance coverage, as well as protection of my or my family’s personal property.
- Agree to hold Harmless and Indemnify the City from any and all liability for any damage to property of, or personal injury to, any person, resulting from my or my family’s attendance at the arenas.
I agree to adhere to all policies, procedures and directions given by the City relating to my or my family’s attendance at the facilities.
In entering into this Agreement, I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements by the City other than what is set forth in this Agreement.
This Agreement shall be Effective and Binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns, and representatives in the event of my death or incapacity.
This agreement shall be construed broadly to provide a release, indemnification and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
In signing this form, I hereby acknowledge and represent that I have fully read this Agreement, I understand it and agree to it voluntarily, and that I am 18 years of age or older and of sound mind.
I HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT CHECKING THE BOX BELOW SHALL HAVE THE SAME EFFECT AS AFFIXING MY SIGNATURE TO THIS AGREEMENT, AND THAT BY DOING SO I AM GIVING UP LEGAL RIGHTS AND/OR REMEDIES WHICH MAY OTHERWISE BE AVAILABLE TO ME OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS AND/OR ASSIGNS REGARDING ANY LOSSES I MAY SUSTAIN AS A RESULT OF MY ATTENDANCE AT THE ARENAS.
READ ENTIRE AGREEMENT BEFORE SIGNING
IF SIGNING FOR A PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 18:
I am the lawful guardian of the child listed as the participant on this form. As the lawful guardian of the participant named above, I understand that by checking the box below, I am agreeing on behalf of the participant to be bound by this Agreement.
*Participation/photo/email waiver: By checking the box below, this consent allows you to participate in all SOBA activities. SOBA is not responsible for any claim, loss, injury or damage to persons or property suffered during activities. I give permission for pictures taken of my child to be used for promotional material.
* PLAYERS it is a privilege to be part of our program and not a right. Stratford Basketball has a zero tolerance policy for players that choose to act aggressively toward another player, coach or referee. If this occurs, that player will be awarded an automatic suspension and the Stratford Basketball board will decide if that player will be welcome back for the remainder of the season.
* We also have a zero tolerance policy for any parent, coach or player yelling negatively at players, coaches or referees at any time. We welcome you to cheer your player in a positive manner ONLY. If anyone chooses to cause any negativity during a game they will be asked to leave the gym. Please keep in mind that our program is built on volunteers and we are all doing our best to run a fun and enjoyable experience for all. Thank you for your cooperation.